Comment from: NomaD [Visitor]
NomaDI liken their mentality to going to church. To keep in good faith with the church, they pass around a collection plate and tell you the more you add, the better chances you will get into heaven. Yea Right, go sell your snake oil to someone else.
03/05/12 @ 21:51
Comment from: Jason ' Beest' Clarke [Visitor]
*****
Jason ' Beest' ClarkeLCP "I understand" - excellent, tell it like it is.

"Respecting paintball" - fuzzy open to personal interpretation. I started a long item by item break down of this but don't have the oommph for it, but 'respecting paintball' to me does not mean playing 'nice' it means playing the game fully, not playing ay half speed becasue that's all your opponent can match.
03/06/12 @ 07:52
Comment from: indy [Member] Email
indy"Fuck the other team" -Slogan seen on T-Shirts @ Viper Paintball's Twilight Zone 3: Stonehenge, Brazos Survival Games, Sugarland, TX.

My my, how times change.

I still don't think you can all get along. Never, ever will.

The fact that there are even two, competing lets-all-get-along memes proves me right.
03/06/12 @ 08:26
Comment from: Kiwi [Visitor]
KiwiDamn, I had forgotten LCP's paper. I loved it the first time I read it.

ALL fields should have this everytime they hold a scenario. It might not get through to everyone who reads it, but as long as it gets its message through to some of the 'usual' whiners, mission accomplished.
03/06/12 @ 08:49
Comment from: Jason "DarkShadow" [Visitor]
Jason "DarkShadow"To me the Respecting Paintball movement is more geared toward the walk-on and backyard ball crowd. Basically it is a good mentality for recreational "It's only a game so lets all have fun" play.

The I Understand movement appears to be geared more toward competitive play. Some of the points really drive home that events are by nature competitive aspects of the sport. Points 1 and 6 basically state that when you are shot out you need to exit quickly and make it known you are eliminated. Points 2 and 5 enforce what most should already know, most people play to win and there is always someone better than you.

Personally I like #5 since the best way to improve is to go against someone of greater skill.
03/06/12 @ 10:45
Comment from: Cerrik [Visitor]
CerrikOn the surface I have no real problems with the list of ideals from the "Respecting paintball" camp. What I see as the problem is they have a difficult time with living up to their own ideals. Basically making that a moot article, I have to go with "I understand" as a much stronger base. If you don't understand, you can always ask and witness these understandings in action.

As it goes now, you can't witness the "respect" in action as they are already excluding players from the ALL PLAYERS category. But then again, TB is trying to show them the hypocracy that they live by and they just don't get it.
03/06/12 @ 11:33
« Paintball mil-sim with HezbollahFear is the mother of morality or The Ban TB Association is working overtime. »